Magnetic Separator Belting
Belting to attract unwanted scrap metal
Beltservice is your source for one-stop shopping when looking for magnetic separator belts for most any application. Many different belt compounds are available for various conveying conditions, from abrasion-resistant rubber belts to belts with cut-and-gouge resistant urethane covers.
Magnetic separator belts revolve around a magnet that is suspended over a conveyor. These magnets attract unwanted scrap metal from the material being conveyed and pull the metal up against the belt. With the help of cleats, the unwanted metal is transported out of the magnetic field and discharged into a collection area. These belts are available in compounds such as rubber, urethane, and PVC
Industries served include:
- Coal handling
- Recycling material such as trash, glass, aluminum, and tires
- Food production and many other types of manufacturing
Cleats can be vulcanized to the belt cover or attached with non-magnetic elevator bolts. Magnetic separator belts are typically spliced with non-magnetic mechanical lace.
Beltservice also offers "Armor-Clad" magnetic separator belts. These rubber belts are covered with metal plates and stainless steel cleats for long running operation in the very harshest of applications. Stainless steel plates protect the impact area of the belt from the abuse of sharp, heavy objects drawn by the magnetic field.
Common applications include:
- Plants that recycle concrete
- Plants that reclaim steel
- Solid waste facilities
Armor-Clad belts can be ordered for any overhead magnet. One advantage to the "Armor-Clad" belt is that individual plates or cleats can be replaced in the field. This results in reduced downtime and savings on belt replacement costs. Cleats on an Armor-Clad belt face some of the most rugged conditions. Standard profiles are 1" to 4" in height with a .25 inch wall thickness.
A variety of magnetic separator belts are available
- Heavy duty rubber belt with hot vulcanized rubber cleats
- Heavy duty rubber belt with stainless steel angle iron cleats attached
- Urethane belt (Ure-Clad) with urethane cleats
- Urethane belt with suspended ceramic chips in top cover
- Heavy duty rubber belt covers with stainless steel armor-cladding
- Perforated belts for attaching angle iron cleats/armor-cladding