St. Louis, Missouri
4143 Rider Trail North
Earth City, MO 63045
Toll Free: (800) 727-2358
Phone: (314) 344-8500
Fax (314) 344-9136
Beltservice Corporation is the world´s leading wholesaler and fabricator of custom conveyor belting, stocking the most complete inventory of belting in North America. Beltservice offers over 325 specifications available from its 10 strategic locations in the United States, Mexico and Canada. Our privately held company markets heavy duty and lightweight belting and fabrications worldwide to distributors and Original Equipment Manufacturers.
At Beltservice Corporation our commitment to quality and dependability is second to none in the industry and our employees are the key to our success.
Feild Sales Position
The Field Sales Representative operates within a multi-state territory and is responsible for contacting and interacting with our expansive customer base of distributors and OEM´s. Reporting to a Regional Sales Manager, while interacting frequently with the National Sales Manager and local Branch Managers, this position is expected to provide an outstanding level of service to our customers and offer technical support on all of our products. Moreover, the position requires the organization of product based sales seminars, assistance with joint sales calls, and additional sales related activity to advance the growth of business within the territory.
Duties & Responsibilities of the Beltservice Field Salesman
- Responsible for effectively managing contact with all customers in the territory and assisting on joint sales calls, follow-ups and technical assistance.
- Responsible for planning and executing sales plans for territory including travel to customers/work sites. Nights out average approximately 10 nights per month. Travel and call activity to be focused on Key & Target Accounts or others offering promise with Sales & Product Management on a quarterly basis.
- Coordination with inside sales staff regarding technical information, proposals, delivery, etc.
- Review of customer sales information to identify opportunities for expanding sales or prevention of sales decline.
- Sales/Profit growth via enhanced existing customer relationships and new account qualification and development.
- Full participation and active involvement in corporate sales and marketing initiatives and incentives.
- Build and strengthen a strong relationship with all members of the corporate structure, most notably the National/Regional Sales Manager, Branch Management, Product Managers and appropriate Inside Sales Teams.
- A "self-starting" individual capable of prospecting & qualifying new distributor and OEM accounts (and new pieces of business within these accounts); assuring that the sales pipeline is full of opportunities leading to certain sales growth.
- 5+ years of experience in Business to Business outside or field sales with an emphasis on fabricated/manufactured products or experience in material handling equipment sales or industrial sales, notably in power transmission or related fields, including sales to convey belt users, distributors and OEMs an advantage. Experience with conveyor belt sales a plus.
- Bachelors of Science in Sales/Marketing or relevant field with appropriate work experience.Specific sales and/or marketing post-graduate study/training a plus. Self-motivated, entrepreneurial spirit.
- Self-motivated, entrepreneurial spirit.
- Mechanical aptitude with an ability to work with all levels of organizations.
- Ability to perform routine physical inspections of customer´s systems which require the ability to stand, walk, climb, stoop and crouch, pull, push, reach, and grasp. Individual may be required to climb ladders and walk on uneven or overhead platforms as well as move about on platforms located high off of the ground. Use of a tape measure to record sizes/distances will require the ability to have clarity of vision with the ability to judge distance.
Please send resume to our Human Resource Department, Attn: Field Sales Position. firstname.lastname@example.org